View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

4doggiemama, if you want to edit the list you just push the "Quote" button on the left bottom of each post. Select the "quote" button for the particular list you want to edit; this will probably always be the last one. This will take you to "Advance" – Don't panic!

First you will need to delete the Quote marks at the beginning and ending of the post. For example:
"[quote = someonesname"]" delete this whole thing. And at the end of the post "[/quote]" delete this as well.

Next you are ready to edit the list. For example, let say you want to change the name for "Yorkie Talk Forums" and call it something else like "YorkieTalk Forum Index Page". You just go to where you see the words listed (Yorkie Talk Forum) and change it. The only thing you have to be careful about is not adding any spaces between the brackets because this could change the way that link is posted.

Let say you want to add someone name to the list. Lets say the link is "htt**// somebody's store"

All you do is put the bracket "[" followed by the word "url" then an equal sign "=" in front the address. I can't exactly "show" you because it lists it as a web address if I do.

At the end of the address you would put another bracket "]" Then you would put the words that you want to SEE, for example the Store Name, follow this with another bracket, "[" but with no space after the last letter. Then the word a slash "/" with the word "url" followed by another bracket "]"

After the list is edited the way you want it, you can either press "Preview Post" so you can see if you like it, or "Submit Reply." The list will then come out edited in the next post.

To do this again you just repeat the above. You can't really ruin anything because you can always "quote" an earlier post if you mess up too much.

Join today and remove this ad!