Thread: cleft puppy
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
dianethomas
YT Addict

Default cleft puppy

I have been looking for information about cleft puppies. I have an eight week old cleft baby named Zaccheus whom I have had since he was five days old. I have bottle and syringe fed him all this time. He is doing great, except that I can't get him to drink water from a bowl or bottle. He eats dry food that is soaked in a little water to soften it a bit, and drinks water which I administer through a tube slid into his mouth beside my finger, which he "nurses" on. We have had many ups and downs, but with a supportive veterinary team, he has made it through two bouts of pneumonia and a period of elimination problems. (he had to be helped with enemas.) But he is a fighter. A real ferocious best, he is.
I had no idea this forum was here, or I would have been here weeks ago, I'm sure. I have been flying through this adventure in the dark. Fortunately, I have used the common sense approach, and been with this baby nearly every hour. He has gone with me literally everywhere, the store, the movies, church, and even rides with me on my motorcycle. Check out my pics. I'll get more up when I find my camera. I think the kids stole it. hee, hee!
dianethomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!