View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 03:56 AM   #12
ladyj
No Longer a Member

Rose found a ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
When I got home from work today there were two guys walking around with a box. They asked me if I lost a ferret (I live in an apt). I said no and asked why. They had found a ferret and didn't know what to do. They both owned cats and didn't want to bring him in. So now I have a ferret in Epsilon's travel crate! I used to own rats so I have a little water feeder attached to it. I have no idea what to feed the little guy though. He is a total sweetheart and loves people. He looks very well taken care of. I'm going to put up fliers tomorrow to try to find his home. If I don't find his home by tomorrow night, I'm going to take him to the animal shelter in town. I don't know how to take care of a ferret, so I don't want to keep him for too long. I'll keep the fliers up and direct them to the shelter if someone calls. Does anyone know what I can feed him? ...I don't even HAVE that much stuff here... I feel sorry for the little guy!
I have a little female albino ferret named Cali Rose. They are excellent pets and my granddaughters love Cali Rose. I feed her Marshall's ferret food, which should be available at a good pet food store, but may not be since ferrets are illegal in California. Cat food will do for a few days, but not long term. If he is friendly and well cared for, I'll bet his owners are frantically looking for him. Do hang on to him until you can find him a home and don't allow him to be euthanized at the shelter. They are easy to care for, just keep food and water available and don't let him get into things. They love to dig, so keep him away from house plants and they love to climb.
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!