View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
BubblPopElectrc
Kyle Plus 3
Donating Member

Although it's late now (and I'm not sure if you would want to invest any money into it) you can buy ferret food. I'm sure any pet store would have it.

We used to have one and I think we used to feed it cat food.

ETA:
For many years, the common recommendation was to feed premium dry cat or kitten food, but that recommendation is now considered out-of-date. As the science of ferret nutrition improves, there is little doubt that premium ferret diets are the best to feed ferrets. Still, if you are unable to find a good quality ferret food (consider ordering online if nothing else) you may have to settle for cat food. If so, make sure it is a premium diet (e.g. Eukanuba, Innova). Use a kitten food, high in protein, but as your ferret gets a bit older (4 years or so), switch to an adult food. Again, you must check labels, and pick foods with only high quality animal proteins at the top of the ingredient list, and make sure they are high in fat and very low in grains, sugar, and fiber. Avoid generic or "grocery store" brands at all costs, as these are typically very poor for ferrets.

Feeding Your Ferret

I could be wrong, but I think ferrets are illegal in California. I hope that the animal shelter wouldn't immediately put it to sleep because of this.

Last edited by BubblPopElectrc; 06-18-2008 at 08:57 PM.
BubblPopElectrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!