View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngel View Post
Does your little one have low blood sugar levels? At 9 weeks it could be. Sounds like you had a bad experience with your vet. Do you have another vet you can take her too?

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/new...eply&p=2055299
Yes, she is having low blood sugar problems. Now I can't get her to eat. I have to use a syringe to force feed her. No, I haven't really had a bad experience with any vet, I just know as bad off as she was that if I had taken her in she would have died. If we had caught her earlier a vet could have saved her.

You know when they take your baby in the back room, they do whatever they can and go onto the next animal. Here at home, she is our only concern. We have her in our hands and won't let her go without a fight. When she is all alone in that back room and no one is touching her except to treat her, how does she know anyone loves her? At the vets office, will they let you go in back with your baby? I have not visited one vet that allows us into the back with our baby. I do know of someone who's vet does allow this, but like I said, I haven't met one.

And I understand this. They don't want you in the way if there is anything that needs to be done suddenly. That doesn't mean I have to like it or really agree to it. By the way, I do not feel the same way about human doctors. Probably because people and children can talk.

Thru all of this, I have learned something. I need a wind up alarm clock and note pad right at hand when this happens. I need to be able to tell how long since the last seizure and dose of sugar were. I called my vet during office hours and asked how often I can give Dyne or Nutri-Cal. What I got was, "If you give 5ml and it doesn't help within 30-45 minutes, you probably need to look into another option."

I swear, I am going to take some vet classes, just so I can treat my own dogs! Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!