View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
Epsilon
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heycher View Post
Yes, I clearly do understand that not all puppies from the same parents grow to be the same size. Just like people. My concern stems from the fact that when I look at her, she LOOKS very fat and unbalanced.

Thank you for your note (and everyone else's too!)..... It is also causing me to re-think the way I feed Violet, because I keep a bowl of food down for her at all times. I didn't know that I shouldn't be doing that. She never seems to care enough about food to make it matter (never empties the bowl even!)

~Cheryl
I don't agree that every dog should be on scheduled feeding. It varies from dog to dog. Epsilon eats what he needs to whenever he wants to and that's it. He isn't close to be overweight, he's the perfect weight. My schnauzer on the other hand will eat all day if I let her. I have her on scheduled feeding, twice a day. I have been told by multiple vets that if they don't overeat themselves, then there is no problem letting them free feed. Every dog is different. The only benefit I see to schedule-feeding a dog that doesn't need it, is that you will learn his/her pooping schedule. But I don't need to know his pooping schedule so it doesn't matter Actually though, even though he eats when he wants, I think he has his own schedule in his head. He pretty much always poops at the same time everyday.

Last edited by Epsilon; 06-18-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!