View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
mainegirl
Donating YT Addict

Welcome Erika! I'm sure your post will get alot of responses as this is a very hot topic here at YT. The folks here love this breed so much and are really dedicated to the health and well being of not only their own fur babies but to the breed itself.

Do not feel guilty about taking away Asia's right to have puppies. She won't know the difference. I had my Ozzy neutered at 5.5 months so he will never breed with a female. I don't feel bad. He'll never know what he's missing

So much can go wrong with a pregnancy and you must do the proper genetic testing to make sure there is no LP or Liver Shunts in Asia's line. Also consider if you give those pups to your family will they want to breed their pet also? The cycle will go on and on with puppies being born that may weaken the breed gentically and cause large vet bills. There are so many Babies out there that need homes, really think twice about bringing more into the world. It's a hard decision. What ever you chose to do I'm sure there are many folks on her that will be happy to help you. Good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!