Thread: Babybear UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Mybabe4me
YT 500 Club Member

Default Babybear UPDATE

HI there Everyone,
I wanted to get on really quick to give you all an update on how Babybear made out today.. I am posting this quickly because we are under very bad weather warnings right now for high winds , thunder and lightning..SO here goes really quick..
I ended up taking Babybear into see Doc Paul at 9:30 this am.. He stopped a surgery to see Babybear.. He was concerned about the pain he was in.. I had a hard time feeding him this morning he was in so much pain.. That is when I decided to call right up to the office and get Babybear in sooner.. Doc Paul looked Babybear all over and found that Babybear was having pain in his C 1 area.. We both were worried with this.. He said it felt very hot and it was very sensitive to the touch.. He gave me his suggestions of staying with him for the day to be watched and to have meds administer and have xrays taken.. I to thought this was a good idea.. As I left the office the girls said he would be fine with them.. I got in the car and cried like a baby..
I called at noon and was told they did xrays but could not get a good angle to see the area where he had had surgery.. So they were going to sedate him.. I said okay and they told me he was resting comfortably..Now the next three hours was going to be the longest of my life and they were..
I went to pick him up.. Doc Paul came into the room and said that he did xrays and he got the xrays from the other doc(Babybear's surgeon) to compare them.. We both compared them together and found that Babybear's wires had moved some. They were not in the same position as they were right after surgery.. Doc Paul believes that this is how Babybear's neck ended up healing. And besides he has only had the xrays from last surgery so we only had them to go by.. As of this after noon Doc Paul could not see why Babybear would be having pain unless he has a pinched nerve.. He is on pain meds and steroids.. Steroids for three days only.. We will see Friday how Babybear feels with the Steroids and if he is doing better he will come off the, and we will give him the weekend to see if he feels any different.. I will get the results back from the surgeon on Friday unless Doc Paul gets them before if he does he will call me and I will let you all know.. In Doc Paul's eyes he said he believes this is to be treated medically not surgically.. We will know for sure when we hear back from Dr.Lampman ,Babybear's surgeon.. We did see on the xrays Babybear has a enlarged heart.. Which we saw two years ago.. He has no murmur and no problems of right now if he does start in the next few years he will be put on lisinipril.(no biggie I have dealt with this med for many years with my furless child and husband).
Thank you all for your prayers they have been very much appreciated. Please continue to pray he gets better and that Dr. Lampman thinks the same way Doc Paul does.. Thank you all again..
I also wanted to add there is no arthritis in the neck according to the xrays..Yahoo. that is super news..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!