View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Question Hobbs has 2 moles on his back

I noticed about 6-8 weeks ago a pimple-looking bump on Hobbs' shoulder. I left it alone and it has now grown into a mole about the size of 2 pin heads. I also noticed another little mole popping up on the back of his neck. He seems too young to have moles and the moles seem to be growing quickly, so I took him to the vet today. They wanted to charge me $350 to remove to mole and send it off to the pathologist for testing! So, I opted for the alternative...she asperated the moles (extracted tissue from the middle of the moles with a needle) and looked at the tissue under the microscope, which came back "inconclusive" -- i.e., she doesn't know whether I should be worried about the moles (in terms of them being cancerous) or not. So, my options are to wait and just watch them to see if they get any bigger OR go ahead and have them removed and sent off for testing. I opted for option 1 and am now watching and waiting. My mom's yorkie has several moles and the vet has always said they were fine, but my mom's yorkie is also 9 years old (and Hobbs is only 2.5).

Does anyone else's yorkies have moles?? Is this something I should be worried about??
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!