View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #15
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofDog View Post
Exactly. The waiting is the hardest part, the waiting for the surgery and during. Once its over, focus on healing.

If your vet sends out for bloodwork results, it means he most likely doesn't have the equipment to read blood tests at his office. I don't think its a huge deal, maybe other YT's have more insight on that then I do.

As long as you trust your vet that much, you have all the necessary arrangements to make it the best situation possible. I am sure she'll be fine!!

Miss Bean is sooo little and she healed right up!

Make sure - if you give any fish oil supplements, especially cod liver oil, to stop it at least two weeks before the surgery. I might also get her on an immune booster. I used this: Vetri-Science Vetri-DMG
a few drops in her mouth 2X a day for three weeks leading up to surgery and ever since. I think it helped!

I also didn't put Miss Bean on any anti biotics after her surgery. She had no infection and antibiotics can cause stomach upset, which is definitely not comfortable post-op!! Discuss what is best for Maggie with your vet. I try to stay away from antibiotics as much as possible.
Thanks a bunch, I'm gonna talk to our vet about this and see what he thinks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!