View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
littlelady
Currently Suspended!

Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
Please try to relax. Are there any other symptoms b/c this doesn't sound too much like pups with liver shunts. 12 weeks is really young, he may have gotten into something around the house. I say this b/c TJ had mucus poops and blood ALL the time starting from when I got him at 12 weeks. We did blood work and it came back that his folate levels were high, the Vet said that meant and Over Growth of bacteria in his small intestines, IBD - Inflammatory Bowel Disease. We changed his diet to a single source protein (Duck and Potato) and since the Flagyl didn't work for TJ, the Vet tried Tylan Powder, which I had to give him everyday for a handful of months, but this type of episodes eventually stopped.

I don't want you to get freaked out. Bring him to your general Vet and go from there. A start is a Bile Acid test, but I would really, really question the validity of a BAT at 12 weeks, reason being is that vaccines, antib's, heartworm pills, etc..all can have an affect on the #s of a BAT - and from what I have been reading, they say the pup should be over 6 months old to get a more accurate BAT.

Mine are going tomorrow for yet another BAT. Roxy most likely has MVD (mild) and TJ had abnormal #s the first time and they have since gone down to below normal (YAY)

Anyway, try to relax and take one step at a time, also try to read up about all you can, from here and from Univ. of Tenn (Dr. Tobais) and Cornell Univ. (Dr. Center).

Keep us posted
I went to the website and I read multiple testimonials where pups 12-16 weeks had undergone surgery. I had given him his first interceptor pill with the past 2 weeks. I also had started his frontline. I have given him some of the high protein stuff I had been giving Angel who has been feeding her 3 week old pups. Maybe it is nothing but it seems if I were to have an illness come up with my dogs then they do get it. Angel has had mastitis, she doesn't want to feed her pups any more, I have to make her stay with them.
Davey has had coccidia actually came home with it from the breeder, along with conjunctivitis.
My daughter just let me now she dropped him WEd. night he wiggled out of her arms and fell on him side onto a big rock.
I did like the website and the information from the University of Tennessee.
I felt it did not give enough information on how early true symptoms are seen.
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!