View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

Maggie May will be fine!!! Make sure your vet can do bloodwork on the day of her surgery to confirm she is healthy enough to go under. I know some dogs have adverse reactions to the surgery, however, I am certain she'll be fine. Make sure you trust your vet!! That helps tremendously and don't read stories about the furkids who haven't made it...

I was a mess during the surgery and cried like a baby when I dropped her off and was freaking out the whole day. The surgery itself only takes 30-40 minutes so make sure to find out when her surgery will be. Often a vet has operating hours where he preforms a series of spay/ neuter surgeries.

You can try and request your baby goes first so its over with, but its truly at the vet's discretion. By the way, the incision is completely closed and I can hardly even see the scar or feel the dissolvable stitches now!! We are back to belly rubbing!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!