View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #9
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofDog View Post
Ella Bean is also mixed Yorkie who weighs in at 2.7 pounds and is super-duper adorable. She was spayed three and a half weeks ago. The doctor used Isoflourane gas.

She was on an IV thoughout her surgery and the doctor added some sugar to the drip to keep her bloodsugar level.

In addition, she had over 10 baby teeth pulled.

She was a champ. Definitely sore and not herself for a week, but now its like it never happened! The worst is definitely the first two days, but it passes. Spaying is definitely the right thing to do, though!
This is SO encouraging to read. I've wrote the name of the gas down just in case the vet says he uses something else. Oh I just can't wait for this to all be done and over with and her be safe and sound back with me. I read some stories of furbabies that didn't make it through while I was online last night (said they have adverse reactions to the gas), don't ya know I ended up crying myself to sleep. God, I couldn't imagine Lil Miss Maggy May not being with us. She's one of the lights of my life and I just love her so much. I know I'm gonna be a nervous wreck not only while she's under, but till she's back to herself again and full of energy and being ornery. I only see two of Maggy Mays teeth that need pulled, their may be more, I'm not sure. Oh, and I have to write that down, IV, I almost forgot that!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!