View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #6
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

Anything I can do to help is my pleasure!

I learned all this the hard way - my first puppy (a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) was on Royal Canin when I got him. I didn't even have the option to start switching his food at first because he had awful, awful diarrhea. We went to the vet no less then 6 times. Finally - it occurred to me - why was my vet using antibiotics for diarrhea? It wasn't bacteria causing the stomach upset...

After tons of research, I finally took him off the Royal Canin cold turkey. We tried switching to a higher quality kibble, first by Nature's Variety, then by Solid Gold. No luck - still had diarrhea.

Then, we switched to a raw diet, with probiotics and enzyme supplements to help his GI tract recover from months of diarrhea. The next day he literally had his first semi-solid poo! Since, he has been great and I actually became so entrenched in learning about holistic pet care, I left my job in the fine art auction world and started working to learn to be a full time canine nutrition consultant. It has been the most rewarding life change - and really, one of the last things I expected to do, but really, anything I can do is my pleasure.

Do you have a name yet for your little guy?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!