View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 06:45 AM   #1
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Default Calling all MA,NH,VT,and ME YTer's

I guess I must have originally put this in the wrong spot...I had to wait for the Mod to ok it and don't see it yet. If this one isn't right either...please let me know.

My Parents lost their little 9 yr old Heidi Friday morning. Heidi was a (rescue) mini schnauzer that they got at 7 months old. She had been rescued by a woman that received puppies from a pet store that had been shut down. As we all know...these pups come from mills. Heidi had been marked as a breeder and kept in a cage until this woman rescued her. Mom and Dad went to pick out a dog and Heidi was the only one that ran up to them...well, to say the least they fell in love with her. Over the years Heidi had developed Cushings Disease and eventually Diabetes. Heidi went blind a little over a year ago. She was a very sick little girl but, my parents love for her kept her alive. They spent alot of money on Heidi through the years they had her so she would have a good life. Unfortunately, Friday morning Heidi woke my Mom up at 3:00 unable to breath. Mom got up to see what was wrong with her and there was blood all over the place. My parents rushed her (an hour away) to the ER vet. The vet took one look at her and said "she is one sick little girl" My parents were just beside themselves. With tears running down their face they had to make that decision to let her go. My parents took Heidi home and at 8:00 in the morning brought her little body to her vet. They are going to have her cremated and bury her in my Mom's garden where Dad would sit to watch her so she wouldn't get hurt. My heart just aches for both of them as they cry all the time. My parents loved their little Heidi and are very heartbroken.
My parents would like to rescue again. They are looking for a cavalier king charles, long haired daschund or something in the same size range as Heidi was, I guess around 15-20 max. They will travel to rescue (to the states I have mentioned) So, if any of you could help me I would be very thankful.

Please say a prayer for my Mom and Dad. I would appreciate it.

thank you in advance
(((HUGS)))
Brenda

Last edited by BLowry; 06-15-2008 at 06:48 AM.
BLowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!