View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #15
punkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofDog View Post
Don't worry about getting the pet formula. The human formula is just fine. I use the pet formula because I give it to them regularly, and I don't want to turn them into furry little alcoholics!

For flying the regular formula shouldn't cause any problems.

To give a dosage idea, I give 2-3 drops for my 2.7 lb dog every 3-4 hours on a flight and for my 9 pounder I give 4-5 drops every 3-4 hours. It takes 45 minutes to kick in and please test it on your pup before Sunday, so if he has an adverse reaction, its not on travel day!

Also, try it yourself, 10 drops dissolved in a cup of chamomile tea or 7-9 drops directly under the tongue. It will make you more relaxed as well!
I bought the Rescue Remedy today and gave Milo some tonight. He's 4.5 lb and I just gave him 3 drops and he fell asleep about an hour after I will give him some tomorrow as well, just to make sure that he gets used to it and there won't be any problems.
The package said to take 4-5 drops for a grown person, but I gave him 3 drops. I wonder if that was too much. He seems fine though. Just sleepy and quiet.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!