View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 05:50 AM   #1
monica139
Yorkie Talker

Exclamation I am SO completely overwhelmed! HELP!

Hi everyone! I am new here! I just bought my little baby Bella last Sunday.

A little background: We bought her at a pet store THEN read all of the bad stuff about puppy mills, etc. So knowing what I know now, I will never step foot into a store like that again. But, it was love at first sight, so I don't regret getting her for a second!

So she has her first vet visit this afternoon, and I'm realizing I have NO idea what to ask the vet! Please help me think of things to ask the vet. There is SO much I do not know, that I can't think of more than a few things to even ask!

I will ask about kennel cough - she sounds a little phlemy when she's excited or after she's run around a lot, but no coughing. What does kennel cough sound like??

I will also ask why she seems to be itchy around her neck area after I out on Frontline and a collar - is that normal??

And I will also ask why she doesn't eat much. I'm talking maybe a 1/4 cup of wet food a DAY! She will not eat dry food at all if that's all that's in the bowl, and even if I mix it with wet food, she'll eat around the dry- totally leaving it.

Oh! And for the 1st day or two, she would pee and poop 50% of the time outside, but for the last 2 days, she refuses. She also does both in her crate (but I attribute that to her horrible beginnings). But is this normal, or is she regressing or what? Also, she's had one round of shots from the breeder/pet store, so I haven't let her go for walks yet...do you all think walking will stimulate her to do her business outside?

That's about all I can think of for now, but I thank you all in advance for any help, advice, suggestions, etc. you can give me!!!
monica139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!