View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofDog View Post
A lot of people on YT use a brand called Life's Abundance. They are devout to this brand! Check my friend list - I believe Wylie's Mom is a distributor - she'll know who to direct you too if I am wrong.

Welcome to YT and keep us posted on your new arrival!

I was wrong about Wylie's Mom, she isn't the distributor. I would go with Wellness - A lot of YT people use it and its a reputable company. I am not a huge fan of Blue Buffalo or Merrick for dry. Merrick makes extremely pallettable wet food that while not suited for a complete diet, can help coax a reluctant eater to partake. Remember to keep your new baby on whatever food she is used to while he/she settles in. The stress of the new environment will be tough enough. Wait a week and if the pup's stools are solid start the transition.

If your new puppy has diarrhea, thats totally normal as the transition can often cause it. Give the pup a few tsp of plain yogurt or kefir (no flavors!) as the probiotics and acidopholous help sooth the tummy. Don't start changing foods on him or her till the pup is settled in! Can't wait to see pictures!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!