View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
Dougal&Little
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwill View Post
That is absolutely the sweetest thing ever! She looks so happy!!! Do you train her yourself or pay a trainer? If you take her to training and pay, can I ask if its super expensive? I think that would be great for my Charlie. He has MILES of extra energy (and lacks a little focus). Thanks!!!
Hi I train Dixie myself. I'm a member of a club and they train you to train your dog. I don't know if my costs would translate to you because I'm in New Zealand! I pay about NZ$190 per year to belong to two agility clubs - one's for training ($150) and the other runs a monthly competition for all members.

I love training my dogs because it's about working together to build a relationship. Dixie's gained so much more confidence. Also for myself I'm much more likely to go for that walk when it's cold or raining because I know I've got to keep their fitness up. Before you start agility training it's important to have a good sit, down, wait, and that they can walk near you on a loose lead - paying attention to you.

I found agility training is a great way to learn how to relate to your dog.

Dougal's Facebook Dixie's Facebook
Dougal&Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!