View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #14
punkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonJ View Post
You'll definitely want to do pee-pee breaks during your layovers. It sounds like you'll have plenty of time. In the US, I just go outside through baggage claim (there are usually landscaped areas) and then re-enter though security (so you'll have to bring your ID and ticket with you).

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should your dog go through the Xray machine. Believe it or not, one YTer did this.

I am not sure what customs issues you will have to face. It might be too hard to go outside. If so, you should have wee-wee pads. Go to a quiet part of the airport and take your little one out of the sherpa bag to use the wee wee pad. If they are pet friendly, I recommend a little walk up and down the concourse.

I have traveled many times with Edie, and we never used sedation. However, on such a long trip, I would consider it.
I'm going to take him outside in Amsterdam and walk him around for a bit, weather permitting. It's always gloomy and rainy there. If going outside is not an option, I will bring lots of pee pads with me and let him go in the bathroom.

I actually was curious about the x-ray machine. I'm glad you mentioned it. As far as sedation goes, would you recommend Rescue Remedy?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!