Thread: My son Tannar
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #11
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy4 View Post
Yep we baby him and his arm we restrict his pitch count to 50-55 a game then he gets yanked. NO NO NO curve balls just the different fast balls, change ups, breakers, sliders, just the basic pitches. He is practicing knuckle balls which is HILARIOUS to watch! He is changing speeds now a lil better and really giving batters a run. Funny how it all comes together FINALLY!! I mean he has been pitching for 4 years now (very restricted) and it seems you just wait for them to gain control of themselves. He now is finally able to place the ball and hit the corners and make some sense of all this throwing. He got pitching lessons the last 3 years and still has a pitching coach but with all the tournments we havent been using him much. He gets off but after listening to a pitching coach I can even tell whats off and tell him. It just becomes second nature. Most importantly he is enjoying himself and had fun with the game. He plays 3 sports and Baseball is his least favorite but happens to be naturally good at it His favorite to play is football ugggggg then basketball which I like thanks for looking at pics and your post! Nice to see fellow YT'ers likeing sports! I am an obsessed freak!

Haha...well, when you're in HS, and your bf plays every sport, I just got used to it. I went to EVERY game (plus I was a cheerleader later on) and a lot of practices too. I LOVE baseball, like basketball, and detest football, LOL. But I was a triathlete til foot (abuse/injuries) stopped me, so sports are like breathing to me. I also dated a HS baseball/football coach for 3 yrs, so I am close to being obsessed, LOL. Pitching is a REAL talent and if he's got it, he really should pursue it (if he likes it at least). My bf pitched a no-hitter in Jr. HS (9th grade) and was tagged from then on to go to the pros....but it took him some time in the minor leagues and a really great pitching coach, so it's not easy! It sounds like your son has a good coach and the important thing is that they have fun doing it!
BTW, the pictures are excellent.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!