View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
sallen15
YT Addict

Angry Time Warner Cable troubles...

Has anyone been experiencing issues with their Time Warner Cable this week in the Southern Ohio area. Apparently they are updating some new software on some of the converter boxes. Well we haven't been able to get our digital cable since early Monday morning. Our boxes turn on and the on-screen guide appears at the bottom of the screen, yet there is no picture or sound. This happens on both of our televisions with digital cable converter boxes.

We know it's not a problem with our cable line because we have two rooms that have basic cable hook-ups without a converter box which are recieving the signal just fine.

We called the cable company, numerous times, apparently this new software updated and is causing some problems for people. Well one of the boxes that is giving us trouble is not one of the boxes that was even apart of the update. The other box is brand new, we just had to go and swap it out, it was our explorer 8000 dvr box because it quit working. So we know it's not an issue with the box because it worked just fine prior to Monday morning when they started this update. It's so frustrating. All the cable company can do is reboot our systems from their computers, unless a technician comes out. Well the earliest they can get a technician out is June 17.

I'm so frustrated on so many levels. 1. They didn't notify customers about this update and the potential to experience cable outages, etc. 2. All three evenings when we've called it is an automated system, because I guess the system gets turned on at 4:30 p.m. daily and it's supposed to connect you to a live person 24 hours a day. Well apparently they just had this new phone system installed and instead of connecting you with a live person the system was disconnecting the phone calls.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems to this. I've tried looking on the websites support and customer service sections but they are not at all helpful. My mom has already said that she will not be paying for the digital cable service or the dvr service for the time that our cable has been out. But it's so frustrating that they can't get anyone out sooner and that get this they have no more cable boxes available at any of their customer service centers. So if it is the cable boxes, basically there is nothing they can do until they get more in.

Sorry for the rant but I'm extremely frustrated with this whole situation.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!