View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #35
Julie1760
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkieMomma View Post
yea i agree with the younger generation, i am 22 and want to start breeding yorkies, i dont think i have to be an old lady to do it right, hehe. im not the kinda person who thinks they should only be bred with the best of the best either, within standards yea for the most part, but i think spending 5000 on a champ dog with breeding rights is outragious... unless ur rich and choose to do so, but i, am not! not by any means hehe. i would never run a puppy mill or over breed by any means. i just really love the dog and want to share them with other people. i have a 2 year old and she is great with them, she kisses them and hugs them and pets their heads really gently and says "awww" lol, so as long as young kids are watched they are ok.
I'm a little confused...you said you want to start breeding...but don't you have puppies for sale? You also stated that you want to stay within the standards, but your female you stated is over the weight standard? Also, your price should be determined by how the bloodlines are in your dogs. What testing do you do for your dogs to make sure they are producing dogs that are going to be healthy. What kind of guarantee are you going to have with them? Since you aren't worried about breeding to champion dogs, I think you should be charging on the lower end of the price range and for pet quality only with a spay/neuter contract. JMHO.......

Julie1760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!