View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
LitlbitRanch
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPop & Taz 2 View Post
I don't have that problem, but I do have a problem with the belly band matting his hair. It's terrible, and I really hate to cut all his pretty hair off. He's just 8 mos. and since the lady I got him from (he was 4 mos.) had just had all his hair cut, its really not that long. Any suggestions to help with the matting??
One suggestion would be to make sure that the band has flannel for the interior. Most say the flannel is the least matting - Also some like the satin lining but I think It depends on the fur - My Trixie has the cotton type and hers gets tiny mats with satin

PoosDarling - You have a few options with belly bands one would be to have the velcro switched so the loop is facing outward. Another is to get fitted bands that the velcro goes widthwise not lengthwise and third would be snaps - so no velcro at all to worry about. If you need additional help lmk I have been making Puppy Wraps for 5+ years. All makers of bands are different and some give more room for adjustment than others. all have pros and cons.
Good news is the fur will grow back - Just like a bad haircut - lol
Best of luck
-KimberlyAnn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT2892.jpg (118.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg BellyBand_GreenwElastic.jpg (155.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Band_AdjSnapClosure.jpg (56.2 KB, 2 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!