Thread: Bald Spot?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
SweetCuteness
I <3 Ferdinand
Donating Member

Question Bald Spot?

Hi all,

It's been forever since I've posted on YT. I've been super busy with Nursing School.

Anyway, Ferdinand has had this bald spot on his right hip/back area that is about 3 square inches. It's been scraped and tested for fungi and that was negative. There is no redness and he doesn't bite at it... it's just bald. It's getting bigger very, very slowly. He also bites at his front paws, but I don't know if that's related or not.

I thought maybe it was a food allergy. He was on an all natural human-grade food from a local store, so I switched him to Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul, but that didn't help. So I switched him to Canidae All Life Stages - didn't help. Now he's back on Chicken Soup. This happened over a period of like 18 months, so it's not like I put him on the food and only waited 2 weeks to see if it would help. He was on each for at least 6 months.

Since it doesn't seem to be the food, I looked toward the shampoo. I was using an oatmeal shampoo from Petsmart, so I switched him to Mink Sheen. Didn't help. Now he's on a natural shampoo from Sprouts, think the brand is Castor Oil or something. It's for sensitive skin. Still no luck.

Does anyone have any input on what the heck could be causing this???

Last edited by SweetCuteness; 06-11-2008 at 10:52 AM.
SweetCuteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!