Thread: Bad teeth :(
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz06 View Post
I'm a little angry that my regular vet didn't point this out to me earlier (always saying Layla's teeth look great and healthy!) but the new vet I went to on Saturday told me (and showed me) that one of Layla's back molars is completely brown, and a little loose. He said it will eventually be very painful for her, and the infection could get into her blood and attack her organs. He said the best thing to do would be to have it removed, and that it's something I should think about. I will bring it up when I take her in again on Monday.
Has anyone else had to have a tooth pulled at such a young age? She is only 2 and a half years old. I do brush her teeth (although, not regularly enough) and I guess I wasn't getting the back ones good enough. I feel like such a bad mom right now for making her have to go through this! I think I will be investing in some Petzlife soon because I've heard such good reviews from here.
I'm just looking for anyone else who has had to get their yorkie's teeth pulled. Will it affect her at all? Will it be really painful for her?

I've been using Petzlife for about 1 year now, and at 1 1/2 years Joey's teeth look great. I also give him bully sticks to chew on, and I think this helps too. What have you been feeding, I know some foods say they help reduce tartar.

Join today and remove this ad!