View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #13
zaknnana
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
You can give a yorkie a bath once a week that's fine, just make sure you use a conditioner after shampooing, as it conditions the skin as well as the hair. Rinse thoroughly, that's the most important step in bathing. The food container will tell you how much you should feed your dog, and it goes by weight. For example if you dog weighs 5 pounds you should feed her enough for a 5-pound dog. This varies, and sometimes you need to give more or less than the recommended amount. One-cup sounds like a lot to me, how much does she weigh, and what's the recommended amount on your food? I think it's great that you use the food for treats, I started doing this too, and Joey seems to be very happy with this. It's much healthier too, unless you're using a really nutritious "treat." Joey wasn't completely housebroken at 5 months; he was pretty good, but not completely until about 8 months to a year. We use a little bell, and taught Joey to ring it so he lets us know that way. Some people keep a pee pad by the door, but if you don't wish to do this, you might have to be more diligent in taking her out more often.
I think that "bell" idea is just the neatest!!lol How old did you start with this?? Lily has started going to the door a little bit FINALLY after taking her out every 30-45 minutes for over 3 weeks!! She is so ornery though!!lol She bites and cries and does all the "bad stuff"!!LOL I just love her to pieces and spoil her rotten!!lol That's what it is for an "old lady" to have a "baby" I guess??LOL We're having fun!! I haven't got much housework or anything else done but it's all still here!!lol I think she weighs about 3-3-1/2 lbs. and she is about 11" from the back of her head to her tail ... 10" around her girth and 7" around her neck and she is 13 weeks old today. I can't figure out how to put a picture on here for the life of me!!lol
I have read so much on here that I am kinda wondering how big she will get now after hearing some of ya all talk about "mommy & daddy weighed 5# and puppy is 12#"?? She eats real good and seems to be doing fine?? She goes back for her last shots (3rd. one) in 2 weeks. She is doing better everyday I think w/potty but still goes on the floor if I don't watch her close!! Sleeps with me in bed...sleeps all night though and holds it till morning so that's ok too!! Better than screaming in that crate all night!! She won that battle!!lol When I have to leave her now I put her in the bathroom with her food and water and pee pad and toys and she does great like that!! I have an xpen out in the front yard and we go potty there so she can't run from me!! I have to get a gate to block the porch so she can't run off there now that she's going to the door. She is fast and wild!!lol Tried 2 different kinds of harness....no way....ordered one of the "silk ones" on here and another "Puppia" one is on the way?? She'll catch on to it all in time I'm sure ... one step at a time!!lol This site is wonderful and everyone here has been so nice to help with everything!! Thanks to all of you!!
zaknnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!