View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #12
punkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc View Post
Hey Punkie,

What Airline are you flying? I'm glad to hear that you are able to bring your pup with you in the cabin. My fiance and I are moving to London in a few months and already have our Yorkie all lined up with the breeder there. Anyways, we were worried about what we would do with her if we wanted to travel back to Canada for X-mas. I had always thought that on linger flights all animals had to be in the cargo area in their crates, but I guess not.

Can anyone tell me what airlines allow small pets in the cabins?
I'm travelling with KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines). I was originally going to travel with British Airways, but they told me that Milo would have to go in the cargo and they wanted $1000 each way for him (since it's a round trip). I thought that was outrageous! Pay $1000 for my Milo to be treated like a suitcase? No thanks!

So I talked to KLM and they allow pets in the cabin. Plus they're only charging me $150 each way. Huge difference!

I also spoke to Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam and they're fine with me taking Milo out of the carrier and going outside with him during our stop over.

Had I flown with British Airways, I would have had a stop over in London at Heathrow Airport and they told me that there was NO WAY I could take Milo out of his carrier at any point!

Unfortunately England doesn't seem too friendly with animals.

I'd recommend speaking to as many different airlines as possible that travel to your destination, because they all seem to have different policies and prices.

Good luck!

Last edited by punkie; 06-11-2008 at 09:15 AM.
punkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!