View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
punkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennzy View Post
i've never travelled with a dog. but plan on doing so next year so i've done a lot of readings. from my understanding, take your baby into the bathroom (in the carrier) when its time to pee & eat.

about medicating or sedating or what not, definately look into the airline. i know korean air does not allow any in cabin dogs to be medicated in any way shape of form (fear of reacting badly and puking)

i would pack like those bone gum or gum sticks to keep the puppy occupied for a long period of time. and buy some bottled water b4 boarding the plane. cuz i personally got really thirsty so your puppy will too! and asking for more water from the flight attendants can get reallly annoying since they only give you water in a little cup.

good luck and let me know how it goes because my future puppy will need to do 14 hour flight next year
I don't really want to medicate him either because it might freak him out even more I think. Thanks for the advice on the bone gum things, I will definitely bring those along in his carrier.

Unfortunately airlines don't allow you to bring any liquids (not even gels, creams or toothpaste) anymore because of the threat of liquid explosives. So, I guess I'll have to make do with the little cups of water from the flight attendants. Hopefully that will be enough.

I called the airport in Amsterdam yesterday and they told me that I'll be allowed to take him outside for a walk while I'm there. That's good news because it's a 5 hour wait at that airport.

I will keep you updated on how the flight goes. We're leaving this Sunday
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!