View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 05:32 AM   #113
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
Yorkies themselves were derived from 3 breeds....clydesdale terrier, english black tan terrier, and maltese.
This is interesting, I found this while doing some reading on the history of the Yorkshire Terrier
Yorkshire Terrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am really appreciative of the conversation taking the direction it has taken. People offering their viewpoints in a constructive manner, without insult or accusations. I am enjoying reading this thread.
It really is up in the air, in my opinion, how or what or if anything was introduced into the original Friedheck lines to produce the piebald color variation, and if so how was the color pattern bred in?
If the Maltese was in fact in the history of the Yorkshire, is it possible that this is where the white comes from? and why it is in the Parti-Yorkie too? How were the 3 distinct colors and placement that you see in the Biewers (the ones holding to the original standard) bred in? Why does this not happen in the Partis?
All just questions I ponder

This is just personal opinion, but having a Biewer and a Yorkie and a Maltese, if I believed anything was crossed into the Yorkshire line, I would believe it was Maltese. JMO

I do believe I have a Biewer Yorkshire A La Pom Pon, and that they are, at this point, purebred.
Again, just offering MPO

Last edited by AprilLove; 06-11-2008 at 05:34 AM.
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!