Thread: Advice Please!
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat View Post
Suzi is to go into the vet tomorrow afternoon. She has had Two rounds of shots from the breeder who did it herself before i got her at 9 weeks old. Then she had a round of shots at the vet about a month ago.
The thing is that the breeder started the shots at only 5-6 weeks old. SINCE it was too early, should I go ahead and let them vaccinate her again one more time? OR will she be ok? I have heard so many horror stores about vaccinations lately, and DO not want to put her through that if it is unessary.
She stil needs her rabies when older too. Suzi is 14weeks old. It is Parvo, distemper, and on more I can't remember .
If your breeder gave her shots beginning at 5 or 6 weeks and she did 2 rounds, sounds like your breeder must've given the 2nd round at 9 weeks just before you got Suzi. Then you say the vet did a round about a month ago. That would be at about 10 weeks, just a week after the breeder's 2nd round. Well, the first round at the breeder's would have been useless as she still had immunity from the mom. And then since your vet apparently gave her a round just after the breeder's 2nd round, one of those would have to be not counted as vaccinations must be spaced properly to be effective. So, by my counting, Suzi has had only one round of vaccinations that could be considered effective. I don't understand why your vet gave Suzi the shots a month ago just after the breeder's 2nd round unless he's one of those that don't acknowledge breeder vaccinations. Some vets are like that. I personally don't agree with that practice unless there is a reason to mistrust the breeder because you wind up over-vaccinating a puppy. You could question your vet about this, but it seems to me that Suzi would need 2 more rounds to be considered effectively vaccinated. Not the best situation but that's the way it looks to me from your post.
Woogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!