View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkieMomma View Post
Ok, I have a new litter, yes I am 22 and yes I have a mentor, hehe, but this is my first litter and I'm not sure what to charge for my puppies, they are AKC registered and the parents are both beautiful. The breeder who is helping me has been doing this for years and she charges around $1200 or so for small females, and has sold an UNpapered yorkie for $800 before, so I listed mine for $1000/$950, to leave room for negotiation if necissary... tons of people have read my posts and emailed about them, I even said I accept payments but as soon as I mention the price they don't email back, hee hee, am I listing too high?
Hi there,
Welcome to Yorkietalk! You are the first person I have sen that is very, close to where I live. I am in Avenal. Yeah i know, A hole in the ground. Anyway, When I was looking for a Puppy, i went to the Fresno Bee.
i bought Suzi from A retired woman from Viasalia. sp. Suzi did not, however have papers though, and i paid $600.00. Which is very good for a Yorkie. She had her shots too. and was dewormed twice.
I have seen In the same paper Yorkies advertised at least 600-1200. i believe the females go for a little higher amount.
I totally agree to make certain they go to good, loving stable homes. You can charge more too, if they have been vet checked.
Whatever you do please do not send them to the pet store Animal house in Lemoore. I know that the store has a lot of pure breds there, However, I hate to see beautiful puppies in their store.
How old are your furbabies? Anther place that could be a safe way to advertise is on craigslist, Fresno. People are not allowed to "sell" their puppies , yet you could advertise.
mscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!