View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
punkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
You will be at the airport for 3 hours at first, so find out where you can just go out and walk him if possible while waiting. I've see people walk their dogs inside the terminal too. You could get him nice and tired that way. Buy some Rescue Remedy and give him 4 drops 45 minutes before your flight. A sip of water won't hurt either. Take a few wee-wee pads so you can put one down on the plane by your feet providing he gets really restless. Make sure you have a few poop bags as well just in case you need to dispose of it.
The next layover for 5 hours do the same thing. He will need to get some much needed exercise so ask if there are places to take him outside. He will need some water and maybe some protien. Make beef jerkey at home to take. Thin slice some beef and dry it in the oven on a low setting (don't use any seasonings) and put in a zip loc if your allowed to take it on the trip. You can give him another four drops of Rescue Remedy 45 minutes before that flight leave.
Just keep him walking and active between flights.
Boy what a trip. Is this a vacation?
OK, found out what Rescue Remedy is. Going to look for it tomorrow. Hopefully I can find it somewhere.
It's sort of a vacation. I'm going home to visit my family.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!