View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
roxybc
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question About to get my Yorkie puppy supplies - a few questions...

So we are moving to London, UK (where our 2 week old Yorkie already is living), but my fiance and I are planning on buying most of the puppy supplies here in Canada because everything is so expensive over there. Anyways, I've got a few questions:

1) We are planning on kennel training our Yorkie (when I was a kid we did this with our cockapoo and she turned out wonderful), but I need to know what size to get. I don't know if I should get the smallest size or one up from that since the puppy will be spending her nights in there, I want her to be comfy, but I don't want the kennel so big she doesn't mind to pee in it. Our breeder thinks our pup will grow to be about 5 pounds.

2) I'm not sure what size toys to buy, so I've bought a variety of sizes, but mainly very small ones. I've seen some really cute cat toys that seem to be a good size for a puppy and they aren't covered in feathers or anything. Problem is, they all have cat nip in them, will giving a puppy a toy with cat nip in it harm her? Will she notice at all?

3) What size food and water dishes should we get? I saw some really cute porcelain ones that are shallower than most, but not too shallow. They are about 5 inches across, is that ok, too small?

Is there anything else you guys can think of that I should pick up I haven't thought about?

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks!
roxybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!