View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
Txgurl06
RIP Skoshi! Love You
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleygirl99 View Post
Hello everyone I need some advice. My yorkie, Harley suffered earlier this year around Jan with itching. Vet recommended Benadryl for itching but read here about fillers in dog food causing itching. Changed his food from Science Diet to Canidae- things got better- hair on top of head grew back- it had been thinning. This summer we have been letting him go outside in the grass-- with supervision of course- but just this weekend noticed his back legs are almost bald- major hair loss.. He is itching terrible- just gave him some benadryl. Any advice?? I am calling the vet in the morning but he is miserable- he has scratched red marks under his front legs-( like our armpit) so to speak... I have aveno oatmeal bath but do not know if I should bath him.. His normal shampoo and conditioner is Chris Christiansen- and used it since he was a baby-- He will be 2 in september. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kiele will be a year this month and was just going through the same thing. the vet put her on antibiotics and steriods w/ antihystmine.(sp?) Its gotten better so far. She just finished the meds friday so we will see!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!