View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

[quote=Woogie Man;2042415]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom View Post
But wouldn't you "brush" the dog first since combing is supposed to be for wet hair? Just trying to verify what I think I've heard before.

I know I do things a little differently than most. I started using the comb on my puppies as it works better than a brush. Now I find that combing works better (for me) even with my adults. I don't get the split ends that I used to and I tried several types of brushes before starting with the comb. I just start at the ends (with the coarse teeth) and work my way toward the roots. I finish off with the fine teeth. So far, I'm getting good results.
Hey, whatever works for you! I was just curious. I say that not everyone's Yorkie is going to respond the same way as others so we have to find what works for each one. I actually very rarely brush (or comb) Tatum before a bath and to be completely honest, don't brush her but maybe once between baths. I got very lucky in that she just really doesn't mat up - nice silky hair! She even plays hard outside with our Aust. Shep. and it's quite windy up on our hill (which would usually cause tangles) so we got very lucky with her hair type. I can usually just run my fingers through her hair while petting her and get any little tangles out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!