View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #9
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleygirl99 View Post
I hate to hear that your baby is itching also. Harley had a depamedrol (I think that is how it is spelled) on Friday and he has stopped itching. The vet did the allergy testing and I am waiting for the results. I hated to have him have a steroid shot but he was so miserable. She also looked at his ears which have always been a problem and she feels his ear problems are because of the allergies. Harley does not go outside his is puppy pad trained but will use outside also. I went and bought newborn onesies at Walmart, one dog t-shirt was $5.97 and got 5 onesies for $8.00- used scissors and cut them to fit and they are perfect and have stopped him from scraching under his front legs. I have a friend whose dog also has allergies- she is on shots and her vet reccommended a shirt to be worn outside and to wipe her paws with the doggy wipes when she comes in to remove the pollen. Her dog is doing much better and the shirt keeps the grass off of her belly. I will keep ya posted on the allergy results. I also tried a spray from the vet called Genesis Topical Spray-It is a solution of 0.15% Triamcinolone acetonide. I used it on him last thursday before the shot and helped also.
I keep you posted but the shot has helped but I know the steroid shots are not good for them but since he has only had this one, I am not going to try to worry about it. I hope this info helps....
You are doing everything you can to help your little baby. I am glad he is feeling better too. It is never, pleasant to se your PUP suffering in any way. i hope the worse is over and he is on his way to recovery
Best wishes
mscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!