View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybirdys2003 View Post
How often do you give your dog a bath? I try to go two weeks, but she gets looking oily and dirty. Is once a week too often?
Also, how much does your dog eat? She is 5 months, and does not eat a cupful a day at all. I dop't give her snacks but rather keep some food in my pocket and give it to her to praise her when she goes potty, etc. She doesn't know the difference.
Also, How many of your are COMPLETELY house broken? Misty will do good, but then poop or pee. She hasn't learned to let us know yet. She will stand by the door, but if we don't see her, she goes in the house. How can you get them to bar, or scratch or something to let one know?
Thanks
Pat
You can give a yorkie a bath once a week that's fine, just make sure you use a conditioner after shampooing, as it conditions the skin as well as the hair. Rinse thoroughly, that's the most important step in bathing. The food container will tell you how much you should feed your dog, and it goes by weight. For example if you dog weighs 5 pounds you should feed her enough for a 5-pound dog. This varies, and sometimes you need to give more or less than the recommended amount. One-cup sounds like a lot to me, how much does she weigh, and what's the recommended amount on your food? I think it's great that you use the food for treats, I started doing this too, and Joey seems to be very happy with this. It's much healthier too, unless you're using a really nutritious "treat." Joey wasn't completely housebroken at 5 months; he was pretty good, but not completely until about 8 months to a year. We use a little bell, and taught Joey to ring it so he lets us know that way. Some people keep a pee pad by the door, but if you don't wish to do this, you might have to be more diligent in taking her out more often.

Join today and remove this ad!