View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
punkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerino View Post
Is this necessary? My puppy is 9 weeks old. hasn't been eating much lately since he has been here at his new home. Thought maybe it was just due to stress of a new environment, but he's very playful. What do you think. Also, what are your opinions of the Eukanuba brand Dog food for puppy small breed or the Yorkshire Terrier blend. Thanks
It's a low quality food with controversial ingredients. I wouldn't feed it to my dog.

Having said that, when I got my dog at 10 weeks old, he came to me eating Eukanuba as well, which I weaned him off of slowly. I fed him Innova puppy food just until last month when he turned one. Innova in my opinion is a very good food and Milo loved it. I would recommend it.

But to switch them from one food to another, you have to do it gradually. I would say give him a quarter measurement of the new food and three quarters of the old food for at least a week and then do half and half for maybe another week and then give him 100% of the new food if he doesn't show any signs of illness or allergies. Also, don't listen to your vet's recommendations on crappy foods like Hills Science Diet, Iams, Eukanuba, etc... they're garbage!

Here's a good site that rates different foods and talks about the ingredients. Dog Food Reviews - Main Index - Powered by ReviewPost.

Here is a review on Eukanuba small breed puppy formula: Dog Food Reviews - Eukanuba Puppy Small Breed Formula - Powered by ReviewPost

and Eukanuba Yorkshire Terrier: Dog Food Reviews - Eukanuba Yorkshire Terrier - Powered by ReviewPost

Good luck to you and your new pup
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!