View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #11
ladyj
No Longer a Member

Rose neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyandTiffy View Post
My neighbor is drivin me crazy with her Cat and Dog. I’m sorry this is so long but it has to be so you can understand why I need help. Let me explain it all 1st.
She got her 5 year old daughter 2 kittens, a boy and girl 2 years ago for her birthday in June…Before getting them she called the Humane Society to come leave live traps on her patio to catch all the stays around. And they did just that caught them all.

I knew those two cats we’re going to breed. So they did last summer by June she had a litter of baby kittens, she also got her son a Shih Tzu dog (Tye) from a lady who already had him given away but my neighbors husband was going back into the Army so she told them a sob story about how bad he NEEDED the dog…(I have nothing against anyone in the Army, it’s the sadness of the dog that hurts me) so they got him even tho he was already promised to someone else...They paid nothing for Tye.

Her 2 kittens bred had a litter of kittens one was very weak and ended up dying. She says that she was taking Tye the dog to the bathroom as they was getting ready to leave and the cat (Shy) attacked her while she had Tye in her arms taking him to the bathroom, I said well she moved the kitten from under your bed to your daughters room due to the fear of something happening to them (I tried to tell her NOT to allow anyone to touch the newborn kittens) maybe she thought you was going to take Tye to your daughters bedroom. I said any animal will attack anyone or anything if they think their babies are going to be put in harm, that’s just nature.

What does she do? Puts that mommy cat and kittens in her shed with 1 SMALL window open, she has no SHADE from ANY trees and by this time it’s late June, 1st of July, humidity and temps are bad here where we live. I didn’t know this until our neighbor beside the one who owns Tye and Shy told us (These are the good neighbors Rick and Lisa they have 2 labs and treat them so very very good) Lisa said that the mommy and babies we’re out there and they had to give them food and water since their owner didn’t. They and I called the Humane Society to get help…NO HELP…I knew they was going to die from the heat I mean it really is hard to see animals suffer this way…I’m not a cat lover by no means (Sorry but I’m not) but I also won’t see one suffer in anyway.

Not a bit of help from our City we thought if we could get them to work with us they could give her a warning and maybe she’d straighten up. NO LUCK. I don’t know what ever happened to their male cat that they got for their daughters birthday or any of the kittens all I know is now this Summer Shy the cat is running around everywhere.

When they 1st got Tye their Shih Tzu she downed me so bad for crating some of my babies…I just didn’t pay any attention to her she said she COULD’NT do that it would be to cruel. Well he was their love of course he was new to them…Soon the new wears off and now this Summer I’m saddened again for their cat and dog…

The cat runs the neighbor hood and last night was on my window ledge with another cat fighting (Probably mating again) and squalling loud, I ran them off. So here were going to go through the same thing with her and her cat as we did last year.

Her husband came back from the Army for a visit and things kinda straightened up altho they did leave a BIG bag of Cat Food outside on their patio for rain & birds to get into it and it molded, I know this is what had happened as their son tried to pick the bag up while his father was here and it busted so that cat and ??? If she feeds it to Tye or not was eating MOLDED cat food…Burnt me up.

Her hubby went back to the Army (He is a nice guy but I don’t think he knows how she treat her so called pets when he is gone) Tye their Shih Tzu is so pitiful, he is a beautiful dog…I’m a Yorkie LOVER by all means but he is a cute dog, has that white coat but it’s kept cut down kinda short. They got new carpet around the 1st of April. Don’t you know last week while her hubby was still home my girls went into their house to play (Won’t anymore after I found out this and what I’ve been seeing)

I ask their daughter a few weeks ago if Tie still slept with G--- their son, their daughter said no he sleeps in his Kennel in the kitchen and the 1st night we put him in it he yelled so loud all night that I couldn’t sleep, I told her well Tye has to get use to sleeping in one. When her daughter said Kennel I was thinking a big metal crate.

A couple Saturdays ago. I noticed a very large transport dog carrier setting on their patio with a throw over top of it. (I have one just like it and this is what I use to transport puppies and our Damns in when I take them to the Vet, if I let them ride together.) Well I noticed Tye tied to their maple tree out in their front yard (She was letting him run the neighborhood till I told her I just about hit him, then she ties him to her tree out front I didn’t mean for her to do that I told her to get a collar and leash for him!!) I said girls is that Ties bed they said no that’s where they put him when they bring him back inside…I said oh they blocked the kitchen off with a gate so he wouldn’t get their new carpet dirty. My girls said NO when they bring Tye back in ANYTIME from outside he goes straight into that carrier I said NO WAY girls, he don’t get to run around the house in a room??? They swore that he didn’t and I can see into their kitchen door way from my front door and there isn’t a gate at the kitchen door way.

My heart sunk for Tye I can’t take this…The left a week ago this past Thursday morning and Me and Rick (Good neighbor) went over there and peeked in their kitchen window and he was in that crate and they didn’t come home until Sat morning…Gone day and night, now I did see a girl come over 1 time that evening they left but she never did bring Tye out to potty. I was so mad but what could I do, the police won’t go in without someone being there and the Humane Society won’t help I don’t think. I know Tye didn’t have food and water for when I peeked in their window there was no bowls attached to the front of his carrier on the door and that is the ONLY place on those carrier to put food bowls at I think…Correct me if I’m wrong…Rick said he came over the week they left as they had went somewhere and they had left Tye out on the clothes line like tie out and his foot was caught and he was hollering so Rick undid his foot for him. That tie out cable is the thinnest one I’ve ever seen it could of cut Tyes circulation off to his foot if Rick hadn’t undone it for him.

Her Hubby has gone back to the Army and poor Tye is being left outside using a plastic picnic table as his shelter…Makes me sick, he has a water bowl but it has pink mold in it. He was outside all day from 1 pm till I know 12 am as I was outside our front house also yesterday and yesterday evening…It got up to 94 degrees here and full sun and so humid you could hardly breath…They came home around 9 pm and not once did I see them bring Tye any new water…from 9 to around 11 pm I came in then. Now you know his water was hot if not evaporated from the sun and heat. He does have some shade from the tree but sun does come in also. He as far as I know has no food at all. And we was suppose to get storms last night so around 3 I woke up and peeked outside I couldn’t see him out side so they must of brought him in. He was scratching so bad yesterday either from NO bath or fleas. They do NOT remove his poop from their front yard when we was looking in their window it was all over the ground I made my girls stay in our yard…So they are NOT going back over to play at their house or yard. NO way, I have NO idea if he has any shots or wormer…And last night there was 3 bats flying around and I was so scared Tye was going to get bit as our Health Dept. told me a few years ago you can get bit by a bat and not even realize it for it feels like a mosquitoe bite and I’m afraid if he hasn’t had his rabies shot he could get rabies or heartworm.

Girl I need help getting help for Tye and Shy…They can’t live like this…I know NO ONE who wants either one, I even talked to my Hubby last night about us taking Tye and letting him run in our back yard and us get him a dog house at least here he’d have freedom and love for I feel so bad for him…But then what would he bring to my 5 Yorkies? And like hubby said she won’t let us have him. And hubby say NO. So what do I do???

I could call the Humane Society to set up a live trap to catch Shy…I know that some of you will think that is bad, but the way they are living is worse H- - - as they may have a chance to be adopted to a good home that way. But as far as Tye the dog, what do I do…Can’t get no help from anyone in our City. Please any thoughts to help them please. It’s breaking my heart.

I have 5 Yorkies I care for every single day and I feel she has 1 dog and 1 cat the LEAST she could do is give them the proper care they so well deserve. Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated. Oh I do have video and been taking photos as proof I know this sounds awful but if you only seen it all, it would break your heart. Hugs to all Lee

If these people were my neighbors and I couldn't get any help for the animals from the Human Society or some local organization, I would "adopt" (steal) the animals and spirit them off to new homes. You have tons of good information. I don't understand the Human Society not doing something.
ladyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!