View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
wookie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Warning! Long Story about Bloody Poop. Please Help!

Squeekie had bloody stool last night, here's what happened this weekend.

On Friday, her stool was a bit soft, not completely hard like the norm but not liquidly either. Her appetite seems fine, she ate her kibbles normally. She's not excessively drinking water. Her treats are organic chicken jerky.

On Saturday, we were out all day, we left the house at 8am and didn't come home until 10pm. Squeekie doesn't like to eat when she's not in a "home" environment. So I gave her some half of no lactose string cheese so she can have something in her tummy, this was around 1030am. She won't Poo or Pee in the car or even if we stop the car to go outside, she won't Poo or Pee. So she poop around 11am, again, poop was soft not hard. Then we were mostly driving that day and didn't get home until 10pm, when we got home I didn't notice if she had pooped.

On Sunday, she mostly slept all day. She was playing a little bit, but she seemed tired. I didn't notice she ate her kibble or she didn't drink her water much either. So I cooked them boiled chicken with the usual supplements. Hubby said she ate a little bit of it. This was around 5-6pm. She still looked tired and sad so I gave her no lactose string cheese to perk her up. She ate a little bit.

Then around 1130pm she went to the bathroom to poo, then when she went back to bed, I noticed her butt was bloody when I was tucking her in. I started freaking out and she got really scared. So I calmed down. Then I ran to the bathroom and it looked like a scene from a chain saw massacre movie! She pooped ALLOT! Around the poop was liquid blood, some dark red. Then I noticed that she threw up 3 times. I'm guessing this happened before she went to bed back from coming from the bathroom.

Poor baby, I watched her like a hawk, we didn't have pumpkin and all the stores were closed. I couldn't trust any of the antibiotics I have left. I have some left in pill form due to expire next month. But didn't give it to her.

She was really uncomfortable, she kept moving around the bed and couldn't get comfy to sleep. I guess she was really hungry because around 130am she sneaked to get a chicken jerky and ate it in bed, after she finished she went to drink. I don't know if she had threw up after that because I fell asleep.

What could have caused the bloody diarrhea? Her poop was fine and hard prior to Friday, then this. I'm planning to call the vet to set up an appointment to get her some meds. Any advice we surely appreciate it!
wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!