View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 07:37 AM   #14
Texas Yorkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston'sMom
It isnt that big, its just a few steps away but unfortunately we dont have any areas that are uncarpeted. Im just confused and Im hoping that I will get him potty trained sometime this decade.
I would like to find out WHY he does this. I like like the tshirt Idea. I think I will try that and see if it helps. Hey...the only thing he has never peed on is ME! It just might work!
I talked to my vet because I had similar problems with Harley. The vet's explaination was because of his environment before I got him. He said 8-12 weeks is a critical time in them forming habits. The people I got Harley from kept several puppies together in a small kennel therefore he got accustomed to pee & poop being in the kennel and it didn't bother him.
I ended up getting one of those exercise pens so that he had more room than in the kennel. I used a shower curtain liner to cover and protect my carpet. Now when I'm at work he has plenty of room for his bed, a place for his water & food bowl a little area to play and then his pee pad area. He's four months now and isn't potty trained yet ... but at least he doesn't lay in his mess anymore.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!