View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
teebutterfly
Yorkie Yakker

Smile Tobie has a new little sister!-advice appreciated

Hi all, I haven't been on here in a long time, but on Friday, we were presented with an opportunity to get another yorkie from the same breeder and went with it! We picked her up (12 weeks) yesterday and just need some advice on being the mommy of now 2 furbabies.

Tobie seems to be doing well, all things considered. At first he was a little wary and kept his distance when we got home, and seemed to warm up a bit more and be more interested at the end of the night. They're like human kids - he was like "Ok, she's cute, now send her back!" She's more interested in him and he's SLOWLY warming up I think, especially for the second day.

She keeps eating his food though! She did really well last night, cried several times throughout, but not NEARLY as bad as Tobie did when I first brought him home. I finally let her out at 6am this morning and let her on the bed. Tobie sleeps up there off and on throughout the night.

So here are some questions:
How early did you guys let your yorkies sleep with you? She seemed okay this morning for a couple of hours until we all got up at 8am - she I keep her in her crate for the first few weeks?

How long did it take for your other yorkie to warm up to the new baby? What were his/her behaviors like?

And basically and advice you guys could give would be great!

Thanks so much
Tobie and Ella's mommy
teebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!