Thread: Hay fever
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 08:36 AM   #8
Meggie
YT 500 Club Member

It is just about possible with the aid of the pill splitter, though the last 8th sometimes ends up more like dust! But the splitter contains it so I can sprinkle it on a bit of pate. It's the best £5 the I've ever spent at the vets as I'd have no chance with a kitchen knife.
He actually comes and queues up for his pills when he hears me getting the pate out of the fridge.....radar ears, he can spot that it's the pate tub from two rooms away

The Piriton syrup sounds easier. Is it a paedriatric one? Should be easier to get the dose right, the pills the vet gave are 4mg, so he has 1/2mg a time by that reckoning.

Franceen, I saw people on here recommending Benedryl but when I checked it on the web it said the base of it was a different anti-hystamine here than in America, even though it's the same brand, so I was a bit unsure about giving it him. Should have asked the vet but forgot. If I do have to take him back, I'll ask if it's ok to give that as an alternative.

He's quite a bit better today. Luckily the anti-inflammatories aren't making him wee more, though he does drink more. Can't tell about the increased appetite as he's always been a gannet His breeder had kept him very thin in hope him not exceeding the show weight limit as he was the prettiest of his first litter by an American champion he'd paid lots of money to buy & import. But he grew a bit too much so I got him a 5 months.

Meggie xx

Last edited by Meggie; 06-08-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!