View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #6
FunkyMunkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you all for your words of advice. I cannot thank you ENOUGH! I will definately be showing this post to my father, who is so against crating Luna. He feels bad when she cries and whimpers in her crate, and then takes her out, same goes with my sister.

I think you should all know though, that since the first day we got her she's always had access to her crate, however, we have left the door open ALL THE TIME! So, she doesn't mind the crate, she's always in it when she is sleeping or playing with the toy I dangled from the top of her crate, etc... but as soon as she hears one of us around she darts out and of course wants to play. I don't pay attention to her unless she calms down, my father and sister don't. Oh and another thing, we just started using the crate 24/7 this week. Prior to this week the crate was only used for through the night sleeping, during the day she would stay in her play pen. That got messy because she'd go pee inside of it and it smelled so bad, then we'd have to wash it basically 24/7.

LOL... Anyhow, it's hard because I understand where my family is coming from, and I see what they mean, how can we resist such a cute little thing? But I'm reminding them that in the long run, crating will pay off! Thankfully, my mother is on my side!! HEhe...

Milo: How old is Milo? Just curious, you only mentioned how long you've had him...but I wanted to compare ages... Luna is now 6 months.

wish me luck guys! hehehe. thanks again!

Last edited by FunkyMunkie; 03-01-2005 at 11:31 AM.
FunkyMunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!