View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
periwinkle
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Yorkie falls off recliner

I want to tell you what happened to a poor Yorkie.

My next door neighbor works as a vet assistant at the local vet's office. Yesterday a lady brought a four year old Yorkie in who had fallen off the back of a recliner. The dog always sat up on the recliner and somehow it became startled and fell off onto the hardwood floor. It hit it's head and had a seizure, then it froze into a wierd position with it's head cocked to the side and legs straight out. Anyway, the vet was closed at the time and the lady waited till the next morning to call the vet. By the time she brought it to the vet it was too late, the dog suffered brain damage from the swelling. The vet gave the dog some real expensive medicine at no charge to try and save it, but it was too late. The lady said just put it to sleep and walked out.

The vet said if she would have taken it to the 24 hour emergency animal clinic nearby it could have been administered medicine to reduce swelling on the brain, and the animal would have probably been ok. I don't know if the lady financially couldn't afford it or what she was thinking.

Anyway, be CAREFUL if your Yorkie sleeps on the backs of furniture.

Join today and remove this ad!