View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Ahhh, So Much Better

Well, the weather here in Ohio has finally turned warm, I believe it's here to stay now. We'd been tryin to hold off as long as possible and not put the AC in the window till we absolutely HAD to as it was an older model and last summer ran our electric bill up really high. Well, when I got up today, it was HORRIBLE, I hate being hot and sweaty. I looked over at Lil Miss Maggy May in her kennel and man, I felt so sorry for her, she just looked so hot and miserable, heck, just looking at her with all her fur made me even hotter. I got up, let her potty on her puppy pad cause it was even to hot to take her outside and then I got her a bottle of cold water from the fridge. She drank that and just wanted to lay back down, the heat just wasn't agreeing with her and her lil tummy was just so hot. So, today the hubby and I went out and bought a new AC and got it all put in the window and our bedroom is now nice and cool. It amazes how much she's purked up since it's cooled off in here. We also have three other furbutts here, two of which are boxers and one is a german shorthair pointer mix, the boxers ARE NOT good in heat either, so, we put AC's in the kids room as well and then our daughter went out and bought a new AC for her place that's hooked onto our house. Her poor lil chi was just panting away this morning when she got up. So, now all the furbutts and skin kids are all cooled off and no one wants to come out of their rooms, lol. How does your furkids do in the heat? I talked to my sister today and she said her poor lil Coco went out to potty today and when she broguth him back in from the heat, he climbed up on her lap and puked She's going to be going and getting an AC as well. Poor lil babies, the heat just seems to take such a toll on them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!