Thread: Cancer
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
abbey lee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I can't say I have ever had a yorkie with Cancer but one of my dogs (a Chow mix) had cancer. We found him years ago (someone dumped him out of a truck near my stepfather's business in the desert) we rescued him and gave him a wonderful home. He was so loving and perfect, he was what made my stepfather love dogs again... He later got cancer and it was a terrible experience. He was so sick, it was hard to see him. Our vet told us that most people that had dogs who had such advance cancer usually just put them down. My family was not about to accept this so we took him to many many vets and paid thousands of dollars. My stepfather even took him to Pheonix (we live in El Paso, TX) and found someone to do surgery on him. The surgery done was one normally done on humans only. We wanted him to live so bad we tried this and paid thousands of dollars for it. He ended up passing away about 2 months after the surgery.

It's a terrible battle. Cancer is a horrible disease. We loved that dog (Chuckie was his name) til the very, very end and did everything we could and he still passed away. Just tell your friend to cherish every moment with her dog. Just love them and comfort them. I wish there were a cure...

Sending you and your friend hugs and love...

We love and miss you MINNIE. Never far from our thoughts, Rest In Peace
abbey lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!