View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
jadecomputergal
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I think I didn't put that the right way...

They do guarantee the health. It's not a "breeder" per se, but they do a health guarantee. They would allow me to take her back, but I wouldn't be able to take her back.

You'd have to understand how much I love animals. I paid $850 to "rescue" my last Yorkie. Her LP was very obvious just from her gait, and she was malnourished. I could actually SEE her ribs. The breeder wouldn't even negotiate on the price because "tiny dogs just cost more." She was tiny because she was freaking starving.

I took her to my vet the next day as I do with any animal I buy, and even she was like, "My God, what did they do to this dog? This is bordering on animal abuse." I was crying when I went in, crying during the visit, and crying when I left.

She ate, and she ate, and she ate. She ate everything she could get until she figured out she was going to be able to get some food when she was hungry. She gained a full pound in about a week, and then settled into normal eating habits. She was on antibiotics for a month, for both an intestinal infection and and ear infections. She is now the sweetest dog in the world, even more so than my Yorkshire Terrorist that's been in her terrible two's for more than a year now. Tali (the one I'm referring to here) will sleep only on my pillow in bed, and she tries to sleep on my head until I scoot her off onto the pillow. (The pillow part is adorable, but it's hard to sleep with a dog on your head. I don't understand how her draping herself over my head would even be a comfortable place to sleep.)

I can't take an animal back once I take it home with me, just like I didn't even think of taking Tali back after I brought her home. I've spent around $2,000 on her now, and she's worth every penny of it
jadecomputergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!