View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 06:58 AM   #8
Marlee
YT 500 Club Member

Embarassed Maybe you should consider it...

Ok , I am no expert by any means, but could he be worried about hypocalcimia, since she is so little. One of our momma's was a wonderful mom, and nursed those babies, hated to leave them, but they litterally drained her. Yes I was feeding her everything I could, and giving her as much as she wanted. Her meals consisted of canned puppy food, dry puppy food, shredded chicken, cottage cheese and a little of the isblac mixed in. We allowed her to free feed since she was just at 4 lbs after delivery ( she had 4 pups) Anyways, depsite all our efforts, she did become hypocalcimic, and had I not known something was differnt in her actions ( she did not show typical signs) she would have died. The vet later said, they just took everything from her, and what may have helped was partial supplementation. Instead we had to force wean 4 week old pups, bottle feed all of them around the clock, and cover Mom with a towel, then a onesie, so she would not nurse. It sucked, and she was miserable. So that is just something to consider.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!